Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-07-23-Monterrey] Olimpico & Mosco de la Merced & Silver Star & El Salsero vs Pimpinela Escarlata & Gran Markus Jr & Arandu & Diluvio I

soup23

It is always neat to get this wide view of the whole and get a snapshot at some of these underneath lucha workers from the time frame. That being said, this match overall didn’t do a whole lot for me. It was nice seeing Pimpinela and Olimpico mix it up but certain stuff like the ass biting spot in the third fall and the overall disjointed feeling of the match never got it on track. **1/2

• 3 months later...

Some of this was really good and other parts were pretty chaotic and didn't fit. I enjoyed Pimpi who was working overtime for the heels. He was bumping all over the place and I thought his comedy worked. Even the ass biting. Good to see Salsero who I liked as Kendo and even as the fake Pierroth son. Olimpico had some nice dives. The other rudos that weren't Pimpi were pretty rough. Especially Gran Markus who almost blew the low blow finish in the third. Good match.

• 5 weeks later...

Pimpi has been awesome in Monterrey. She's probably been my favourite all-round performer for the month of July. This was scrappy but I liked how all the different parts worked in tandem. There's something appealing about seeing a group of misfits work a regular trios match on a card like this. I liked that song at the beginning as well.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-07-23-Monterrey] Olimpico & Mosco de la Merced & Silver Star & El Salsero vs Pimpinela Escarlata & Gran Markus Jr & Arandu & Diluvio I