Pro Wrestling Only

Planned World X Cup Teams...

Guest savagerulz

Guest savagerulz

From Wrestling Observer:

The following are the currently planned World X Cup teams, but they are subject to change:

Team UK - Doug Williams, Nigel McGuiness, Jody Fleisch, Jonny Storm

Team Japan - Jushin Liger (captain), Black Tiger, Gedo, Minoru Tanaka

Team Mexico - Mistico, Ultimo Guerrero, Ultimo Dragon, Rey Bucanero

Plus Team USA and Team Canada

Can't imagine they could really have got a better UK team. I'm not as much of a fan of Storm and Fleisch as most people but they work the right style and are more well known than anyone else. Williams is pure class in the ring so will be interesting to see how he works with the others.

Mexico's team looks red hot. Mistico's been catching fire for a while now, and Dragon's a great worker.

Japan's looks really solid too. Tanaka's good, Gedo's solid, Liger's best years are behind him but he knows how to pace and work and all the things that some of the less experienced spottier X guys need help with, same goes for Dragon in Team Mexico.

Team Canada I'm really hoping they don't just go with the Team Canada stable. Williams is awesome and should definitely be there, I'm guessing they'd use Young and Roode, but I'd rather see either Roode or A1 play the enforcer role all night, and them bring in another Canadian high flier. There's plenty available.

Team USA, I don't know who they're going with but I hope guys like Sabin don't get overlooked. Sabin's just class and he brings a lot to a competition like this. I also hope they keep that balding little twat Dutt out of it because he's terrible. If I had to choose I'd go with a team of AJ, because he really needs some purpose at the moment, I don't see him going after the X title working anymore, I'm just bored with it. Let him captain this team. So, I'd go with AJ, Sabin because he's just incredibly good and has been a real highlight in previous X cups and X division showcases, I'm guessing maybe they'll stick Lethal in there as they're trying to push him? And then maybe Shelley? Shelley could do some great stuff witht he likes of Liger, Williams, Dragon, Gedo etc.

Thoughts?

Guest savagerulz

I don't know whether you've actually watched Sabin live, or seen any of his best matches? There's just no comparison. I know different people get different things out of wrestling, but I just find it hard for anyone to look at Sabin and think he's that bad. If you didn't think he was great, fair enough, but I just don't get how you see him as awful?

Chris Sabin is an excellent worker, his moves are crisp, his offence is innovative, he has a great notion of psychology and timing and pacing his matches. He's decent enough on the mic and doesn't have a bad look.

Sonjay Dutt is a horrible spot monkey who does a few innovative flippy moves. He has no notion of psychology or timing and pacing his matches. He's terrible on the mic and has an awful look.

I've seen him blow a lot of spots, so much like Amazing Red and Sonjay Dutt, it's soured me on him. I also don't like his new look with the hair change and all the aliens and I think his finisher, although better than stuff like the F-U, it still not all that impressive.

For example, at the TNA PPV on Sunday, I couldn't help but feel like the wrong man went over when Sabin won. I thought he was out-performed by Puma, whom impressed me.

I've never seen Sabin live, I'll admit to that. Although I haven't seen most wrestlers live as I don't go to a lot of shows. I've seen plenty of his matches though. I've followed TNA since it's inception, so I've seen all his matches with that company. I've not seen his work outside of TNA because the only other federation I really follow in ROH and he never works there.

I just want to say, that I don't like Sonjay Dutt either, however you saying Sonjay doesn't know what psychology is while praising Sabin, to me, is why we're always going to differ. Sabin also can't sell for shit. Blame it on the X-Divison or whatever but he's really bad.

Chris Sabin is an excellent worker, his moves are crisp, his offence is innovative, he has a great notion of psychology and timing and pacing his matches.

I pretty much think the exact opposite of this. I think he's a decent, at best, worker but he lacks psychology, timing and selling.

Guest savagerulz

Fair enough, each to their own but I just couldn't disagree with you more about Sabin. He's one of the few X division guys who I believe has it in him to develop outside of the division as he grows with TNA. The improvement from day one, to now, has been outstanding. His match with Petey at Turning Point 2004 often gets overlooked because of the six sides of steel afterwards, but it was an excellent match that showed that both guys knew the right times to pull out the right moves and spots. Brilliant stuff from start to finish between the two and they told a great story with it bar the ending, which was obviously booked and not their fault.

Glad you don't like Sonjay either though, he really is one of the worst X division guys that TNA have.

Sabin and Lethal for team USA so far sounds good. I don't really think they'll go with AJ, but for the reasons I gave up there I think it's about time he mixed it up with guys like that in that sort of competition rather than having delusions of being a world champion, which he most certainly isn't.

Glad you don't like Sonjay either though, he really is one of the worst X division guys that TNA have.

Next to Amazing Red, I'd say Dutt's the worst person in the history of the promotion to every receive a push. There's been worse parts about TNA, like Cheex, but Amazing Red was constantly shilled, almost as if TNA thought he could be their Rey Mysterio, which certainly wasn't going to happen. Dutt is closing the gap with each additional attempt at trying to get over The Sprinkler though.

Guest savagerulz

re: Amazing Red..At TNA's inception he put on some good stuff, admittedly with some outstanding workers like Lynn, Low Ki, Styles etc, but as time went on, and particularly after his major injuries he was just really nothing special at all. I've never really been a huge Red fan, but if you go back to say the first 12 TNA shows, I can see why they'd look at him and see a lot of potential.

Dutt's pushes were ridiculous, even having him blow fire to pick up a win over Raven that did nothing for Dutt and made Raven look like a chump. At least they seem to realise these days taht Dutt's not worth any sort of push at all.

I'm trying to think if I can think of anyone else and I really can't. They've had worse workers work a show for them, like Cheex as you say, but none that they've actually tried to push.

Guest savagerulz

In terms of the worst guys they've tried to push?

I don't know about that. I think they pushed him just fine as part of Triple X. Daniels and Skipper did make a great team, and once they split one guy got pushed while one got dumped way down the roster so I don't really think they've ever overpushed Elix.

Guest WidowsPeak

For me it's all about Team Mexico and Team Japan. I'd love to see either of them win the World X Cup.

Will Team Canada be included this time around?

Guest WidowsPeak

Can someone give more info on the x cup? Is it a PPV? Whens it taking place? Where?

World X Cup = TNA

I believe it starts after the Lockdown PPV. So April and May perhaps. I am sure someone else here can explain it better than me.