Pro Wrestling Only

ECW ONS II Rumor

Loss

Apparently, the current plan, according to Meltzer on WOL sometime back, is RVD/HHH in the main event for the belt. Okay, now THAT'S something I want to see, just because I can't imagine what types of chants the mutants are going to come up with for HHH.

So, I thought we'd use this thread to make predictions.

Well, it'll definitely be worth checking out. The problem, of course, will be the rest of the card. What are they going to do, slap Mysterio and Super Crazy together? There's just not a whole lot of options left with a lot of the ECW alumi being in contract to TNA. Sabu, Shane Douglas, Raven, The Dudley Boys, etc.

Guest savagerulz

I've heard this rumor too. Thing is, for me the only way this would work with a major WWE star who has nothing to do with ECW being in the main event, is if the guy loses. RVD would have to go over and win the title and invite all the fans into the ring to celebrate with him after sticking it to the WWE. Can you imagine how hated it's gonna be as an end to the show if HHH walks into an ECW Pay Per View with the world title, defends it against ECW's favorite son, and comes away with the win and retains the title at the end of the show.

You think RVD's going over? If he's not, it's the most ludicrous bullshit idea I've ever come across. But yeah, I did hear the rumor that he's winning the MITB and then facing HHH for the belt at ONS.

ONS II is one of the only bookings Terry Funk was considering taking since it seems he's finally really retiring, so maybe a Funk-Foley match to cap off that feud once and for all?

They have ECW alums Taz, Tommy Dreamer, Rey, Crazy, Kid Kash, Stevie Richards, RVD, Benoit, Deano Machino, Psichosis, and Lita on the roster already and I'm sure they can get the ECW alums who work indies to work the show.

I've heard this rumor too. Thing is, for me the only way this would work with a major WWE star who has nothing to do with ECW being in the main event, is if the guy loses. RVD would have to go over and win the title and invite all the fans into the ring to celebrate with him after sticking it to the WWE. Can you imagine how hated it's gonna be as an end to the show if HHH walks into an ECW Pay Per View with the world title, defends it against ECW's favorite son, and comes away with the win and retains the title at the end of the show.

You think RVD's going over? If he's not, it's the most ludicrous bullshit idea I've ever come across. But yeah, I did hear the rumor that he's winning the MITB and then facing HHH for the belt at ONS.

If HHH went over RVD on a ECW branded PPV in front of a crowd like the one from last year, I'd seriously worry about a riot. Not the WCW "throw beer cups in the ring at the nWo" kind either.

Guest The Metal Maniac

I honestly think the best thing the ECW crowd could do to HHH would be to not respond to him at all. Don't boo him, don't cheer him, just don't make noise. Cheer RVD when he's on offense, and go silent when HHH is.

That'd be so fucked.

Guest DylanWaco

Keller originally floated this idea and then I started posting it everywhere, because I thought it was intriguing. Still I'm not sure how you do it unless RVD goes over. Trip going over would lead to a riot IMO.

Guest Dangerous A

I posted elsewhere that HHH should drop the title to RVD at ONS II and let Rob run with it through the summer while he's on leave because of his upcoming kid. With the rumor of Rey getting drafted to Raw, you would run with RVD and Rey as your top faces. I even said perhaps you have a newly drafted Rey help RVD at ONS to win, so when HHH comes back, he already has motivation to destroy Rey. (also a rumored program) You also have a way to write HHH off by having whatever authority figure is on Raw punish him for dropping the WWE title to an ECW guy on an ECW PPV.

Before HHH leaves, I'd turn Cena and bring back Edge into the ME mix. So when HHH goes on baby leave you'd have Rey, RVD, Cena, and Edge as your ME'ers going into Summerslam. I think that'd work because most of those guys are either over and/or fresh to the ME scene.

I really like that scenario, Dangerous A. With HBK going part time and HHH taking time off, RAW might even be fresh for a couple of months, although that's probably when they'd panic and bring back Hogan or bring Shawn back to do his semi-annual program. And yeah, it's a house of cards just begging to be knocked over when HHH comes back. But a top feud of RVD/Rey (former tag champs, now the top two babyfaces) against Carlito and a freshly turned Cena would be interesting at least. RVD and Cena would have some really ass matches, but the promos where RVD can point out that he never got the opportunity Cena got and the fans never turned on him would work really well.

Guest Dangerous A

Actually, I'd have Cena feud with Rey first. You could have Cena play off how he was the darling boy last year getting drafted to Raw and he gets jealous at how Rey gets over so quickly. Plus, Rey would be able to carry him to some pretty good matches, which is what Cena needs even if he does turn heel. I'd have Edge and RVD feud, although throwing Carlito in the mix with either babyface program wouldn't hurt things that much as far as fresh faces on top.

I'm tired of being as no-sold as Barry Horowitz and even he gets sold. Good forum but goodbye.

What do you want someone to say, that your post was so clever and witty? Or how about if I just quote it and add "Yea, I agree". Would that have done it justice?

Guest DylanWaco

Strangely, you know what I think would get Cena over as a heel more than anything, although it's not likely to happen? Chris Jericho coming back for revenge after Cena cost him his job.

I have a feeling that if Jericho returned he would be more over now than at any point in his career.