Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-09-24-Sendai Girls] Chihiro Hashimoto vs Meiko Satomura

aguakun

Sendai Girls World Championship: Chihiro Hashimoto © vs. Meiko Satomura

I don't think this came anywhere close to their match last year, but it was still a great match. Satomura was trying everything to suppress the thigh-monster, and Chihiro's comebacks had amazing displays of strength and athleticism. There was a distinct lack of hip attacks that I was not a fan of, but Chihiro's powerbomb is terrifying, and this match does its job in establishing it as another move her opponents need to watch out for. The flipping senton from the top rope was also fucking nuts. ***3/4

• 2 months later...

This was one hell of a performance from Chihiro. She looked like a true champ here, keep her composure while Meiko was actively trying to show her up. The build to the super, nasty powerbomb on the floor was absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately, Satomura's selling got really spotty after that which took away a lot of the effect that the big moments of this match should have had. While those moments didn't kill the match for me it definitely kept this match from being a top joshi MOTYC that some have touted it as. ***1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2017-09-24-Sendai Girls] Chihiro Hashimoto vs Meiko Satomura