Pro Wrestling Only

Aww sookie sookie now

Guest SweetMama Scaat

Guest SweetMama Scaat

From Wade Keller's report on the Torch: "There is a lot of buzz backstage at Smackdown in San Diego tonight among wrestlers and staff over Booker T standing up to Batista last night. Booker is being perceived as the good guy of what was a legit scuffle, not a planned angle (despite widespread reports elsewhere)."

Also, in a post dated 12:45pm today, James Caldwell said: "The fight included blood and both men showed swelling later in the evening. Booker T's wife, Sharmell, became involved near the end of the fight, but not physically. Batista, who has not been traveling with the Smackdown roster while recovering from arm surgery, is expected to be back on TV by the Great American Bash in July."

According to the Pro Wrestling Torch, the fight between Booker T and Batista began when Booker perceived Batista as not having any respect for the business and stood up to him. The fight was broken up by a few other wrestlers, but not before both men could avoid getting banged up.

Both men attended the premiere of See No Evil later that evening, and it's being reported that both men wish the fight had been worse so they could have skipped out on the movie. Kidding.

Wade Keller and Dave Scherer are both claiming that WWE.com reported the fight so they wouldn't get scooped by sites like their own. Wade added that it also allows them to spin the story so that it sort of fits into storylines and they can better control the public impression of it.

I remain sceptical though as Wade has been worked by Gabe Sapolsky in the recent past.

Guest Mike Campbell

I remain sceptical though as Wade has been worked by Gabe Sapolsky in the recent past.

OT I know, but could you explain that one Keith? I've never heard that before.

OT I know, but could you explain that one Keith? I've never heard that before.

After speaking with Gabe Sapolsky he reported that the finish of Danielson's first title defence against Roderick Strong was a shoot and that Danielson and Strong got into a legit backstage argument afterwards. Because it was buried in the ROH newswire section most people ignored or didn't pick up on the mistake.

The problem with Wade's and Scherer's proclamations of shoot is that there is the possibility that Booker and Batista are working the locker room. It's not like WWE has learnt from any of the other mistakes WCW made.

Guest Cam Chaos

I reckon it's just a way to position Batista for a return feud since Orton is out of the picture indifinitely.

Besides given Styles speech on TV it seems WWE is back on the "work the smart marks" wagon so it'd make sense for them to continue it by putting out something like this.

I like how even in 2006 there's still "was it a work or not" debate about things.

Michael Cole was put in charge of WWE.com mainly due to the previous guy in charge getting too shoot-style (ie: mentioning Steph and HHH's baby when they're divorced in storylines). This is 100% work gearing up for Big Dave's return.

Speaking of Wade, over at the Torch forums he's really hung a noose around his neck, bragging about how he didn't get caught on this issue with faulty guesswork. Unfortunately it seems that it isn't guesswork and Dave Meltzer's source is a mutual friend of Batista's who Batista assured that it was all a work. Oops.