Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-04-05-GCW-Matt Riddle's Bloodsport] Dominic Garrini vs KTB

jiraffejustin

This is my first match for both guys, so I am pleased to see the style Garrini works here as a BJJ guy. This is a special show, so I don't actually know if this is Garrini's usual style. I really hope it is though, because that would be right down my alley. This match wasn't long or all that important, but it was fun while it lasted. It was a good way to get the crowd into the action and open things up. One thing I'm noticing though is the commentators keep talking about MMA and Pro Wrestling as if MMA is more dangerous and "real" than pro wrestling, which it is, but I don't want them to keep reminding me that what I am watching isn't the real deal. I already understand that, but I am trying to live in this universe, bro. I really hate when wrestling rubs your face in kayfabe being dead, but that keeps happening throughout the night. Flash triangle is a nice finish, and makes Garrini look like a guy who can stop somebody from anywhere, even his back.

I thought this was OK. KTB looked like a fish out of water when he wasn't throwing strikes and that sweep near the end looked really bad. KTB's best were his 12 to 9 elbows which looked pretty decent. And yeah, this is Garrini's usual style. He's a legit purple in BJJ. I dug how Garrini pulled the submission off his back, but I don't get why KTB will pass out from a triangle armbar as that's more of an armbar than a choke. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• GSR changed the title to [2018-04-05-GCW-Matt Riddle's Bloodsport] Dominic Garrini vs KTB