Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-11-10-EWF] Da Hit Squad vs Bad Crew (Dog Collar)

Migs

Apparently they were taking this match around the horn, as it's just a few weeks after a Dog Collar match in the FWA. This one has a faster start, which I liked. Bad Crew still throws pretty terrible punches for guys that are primarily brawlers. I like that a fan lets one of the Bad Crew use what appears to be his legit cane as a weapon. This one builds a bit by wandering into a bar area in the venue (it looks like we may be in a VFW or Knights of Columbus). This one ends up going a bit longer than the FWA match and suffers for it, as it's really all just repetitive weapon shots. Bad Crew hits their finisher, but get attacked by the Backseat Boyz. This leads to Mafia power bombing one Bad Crew through the other through a table in a nice climactic spot. Watchable but not recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

Good garbage brawl. Bad Crew know what they care capable of and don’t try to overextend with complicated set up and highspots of the violence. I did think the Crew took too much of this match but a lot of the shots and grinding of the chain worked well for me in displaying the hatred. The crowd brawl parading around the bar and mini arcade added to the match. In the finale of the match, the Backseat Boys hit the ring and take out Bad Crew. “Someone get these two faggots out of the ring.” Settle down RC. Acid has a sweet Riberia red jacket on and they allow Da Hit Squad to do a combo powerbomb through the table for the win. *** (6.1)

• GSR changed the title to [2000-11-10-EWF] Da Hit Squad vs Bad Crew (Dog Collar)
  • 6 months later...

Unlike the match in the FWA that these teams had last month there is no nervous, cautious opening.  The Bad Crew don’t even wait to be hooked up to Da Hit Squad, swinging the moment they enter the ring.  They make the most of the chain, wrapping it around their fists to pummel DHS before then whipping them with it.  Mafia is already busted open by the time the Crew finally attach themselves to the dog collar.  One member of the Crew and Monsta Mack end up at ringside and the video camera cuts between them and what is happening in the ring so it’s a bit tricky to keep up with everything that’s going on.  Mafia uses the chain to low blow Crew #1, while Mack launches a chair at his partner on the floor.  The two of them continue to go at it, fighting all the way into an actual bar, Mack using it as an opportunity to take on some refreshments.  They eventually return to the ring, but the moment they do Mafia and Crew #1 take their place on the outside.  Mack wedges a chair between the top turnbuckles, however Crew #2 reverses the whip to the corner sending Mack crashing head first into it.   He releases himself from the dog collar and stiffs Mack with a chair shot before collecting a table from under the ring.  Crew #1 does the same and I’m wondering why they even bothered with the dog collars!  ‘Bad Lands’ on Mack and as it looks like they’ve got this in the bag they’re jumped by the Backseat Boyz.  R.C. wants someone to “get these two faggots out of the ring”.  Is it any wonder the crowd reacts to them as they do when this is what they hear on the tapes of the shows?  The BSB lay one of the Crew onto the table and a low blow on the other allows Mafia to powerbomb him onto his partner and through the table as DHS grab the win.

A chaotic, crazy, wild brawl, one that was a far cry and much better than the FWA dog collar match from a month earlier.

• 2 weeks later...

There are parts of this I like and parts I don't. It was pretty violent with lots of chair shots and ripping of the skin with the dog collars and lots of hate especially from the Squad. However, this was a little too long and got samey after a while. The finish was weak with the Backseat boys running in although I guess that made sense. The commentary was really bad between the slur and the guys not knowing who was who. OK match despite my complaints.