Pro Wrestling Only

Scott Steiner

Mad Dog

I have to say that I've really become a fan of his again since he joined TNA. He's been a fabulous heel. I love the way that he goes out every week and through the strength of his promos forces a smark crowd to react more like marks would. I really wish more heels in wrestling would take his approach. No trying to be cool, just making the people hate you. I think he might actually be my second favorite current heel in wrestling behind only El Hijo Del Perro Aguayo.

Funny how playing to a guy's strengths and covering up his weaknesses at the same time can work like that. Steiner just goes to show you that the WWF is more interested in making some guys fail.

I think TNA should consider giving Steiner the title at Victory Road so that they can do a long term program of Samoa Joe chasing him for it.

I think he's the kind of heel you need. People are just too tired of Jarrett and Brown/Abyss don't have the aura that Steiner has. I think you lead up to it with Steiner getting DQed a few times in title matches and do a cage match where Joe finally goes over in a bloodly brawl. Then for Sting's final match you have Joe go over him.

Yeah, Joe's win will be a big moment and they should put it off as much as possible so they can actually pop a buyrate off of it.

In most cases I would agree with you, as it makes perfect booking sense, but my gut feeling in this case is that it would be better to put the title on Joe as soon as possible to wash out the bitter taste of the finish of the last PPV and send TNA in a completely new direction with Joe as the face of the promotion.

Putting the belt on Steiner long term would be a risk because he might be exposed by working lengthy singles matches with lesser workers than Joe and because it sends the message that TNA is still stuck in the year 2000.

Hotshotting the belt onto Joe would be the worst thing they could possibly do at this point. There's money in Steiner/Joe doing a world title program but only if Joe is chasing for the title. Any other way and you ruin some part of the forumla.

I think that program could put them on the map financially and they could pull a huge buyrate by promising Joe finally winning the title.

Yeah, they could even go the Unforgiven '03 route with Joe putting his career up against the belt, making it obvious that if you buy this PPV, you will see Joe will win the title. As for Steiner being exposed, I think 8-12 minute title matches against guys much lower on the totem pole where he decimates them aren't a bad idea. He couldn't possibly be a worse champ than Christian Cage turned out to be, much to my surprise.

Guest DylanWaco

Steiner should NEVER work longer than ten minutes at this point.

I absolutely believe he can have a good match if it's based on strikes and two guys just taking turns kicking the shit out of each other. But any quick spots are a waste, because he'll gas and be useless for the rest of the match. It's got to be trading shots and little else.