Pro Wrestling Only

MSG Network showing Classic WWE

Guest HarleyQuinn

Guest HarleyQuinn

WWE has reached a deal with the Madison Square Garden Network. The network will begin airing classic WWE MSG footage on 7/5. MSG's website has a page up for "The Vault" that will feature class WWE footage.

Credit 411Mania.com

That's channel 621 for those who have DirecTV.

I get the MSG channel on regular cable. I'll be interested to see how this goes. It's a win/win situation, because MSG no longer has baseball and has little except for MLS Soccer until the Knicks kick off in October (like that helps).

I always thought an MSG dvd would be a good idea. There's a ton of good matches that don't really fit anywhere else.

Guest HarleyQuinn

Dates and Times

Credit PWInsider.com

"WWE at the Garden," the new classic show that will air on the MSG network, will begin airing on July 5th. Episode 1 will run on July 5th at 8:00PM and 11:00PM, as well as July 6th at 12:00PM and 4:00PM. Episode 2 will run on July 5th at 9:00PM as well as July 6th at 1:00AM, 1:00PM and 5:00PM.

The first episode (8:00 p.m.) dates back to January 23, 1989 and features the Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty) facing the Brain Busters (Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard) who were led by legendary manager Bobby "the Brain" Heenan in a featured tag team match-up. The debut show will also showcase Hercules as he takes on the "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase with the main event of the evening showcasing wrestling icon Hulk Hogan as he steps into the ring against Big Boss Man.

The event, originally produced by MSG Network for the WWE, has Rod Trongard and Lord Alfred Hayes as the ringside commentators.

The second episode (9:00 p.m.) features the August 30, 1982 card and is highlighted by WWE Champion Bob Backlund as he tangles with "Playboy" Buddy Rose. Additionally, Andre the Giant, Chief Jay Strongbow and Jules Strongbow take on Blackjack Mulligan, Mr. Fuji and Mr. Saito in a 6-man tag-team two out of three falls match. Furthermore, Pedro Morales defends his WWE Intercontinental Championship against Snuka.

Guest Cam Chaos

The first episode (8:00 p.m.) dates back to January 23, 1989 and features the Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty) facing the Brain Busters (Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard) who were led by legendary manager Bobby "the Brain" Heenan in a featured tag team match-up.

If this is the match I think it is, it rocks.