Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-10-30-BJW] Tomoaki Honma & Ryuji Yamakawa vs Daisuke Sekimoto & Mens Teioh

soup23

Big Japan is one of my favorite promotions going in Japan around this time. They have a stud in Honma but also a lot of other intriguing workers and can mix and match such a wide variety of styles. This is the first look we have at Sekimoto and he plays his role to perfection as young lion that will get picked on but can also dish it out. I really enjoyed the way that the match transitioned from the chain wrestling of Teioh to the heavy strikes of Sekimoto seamlessly. Honma makes a claim as a top 20 worldwide worker by having really compelling sequences with both opponents. I thought Yamakawa also knew his role better here and didn’t try to over reach. A really strong tag and set the tone for what the Saikyo tag league will bring to the promotion as a whole over the next 17 years. **** (7.9)

• GSR changed the title to [2000-10-30-BJW] Tomoaki Honma & Ryuji Yamakawa vs Daisuke Sekimoto & Mens Teioh
  • 2 weeks later...

Men's Teioh had an interesting career. People always talk about Sano's career but Men's career is just as interesting. This was a solid juniors tag. I reminded me of those New Japan tags with Makabe and Tanahashi. What is with these young lions being so jacked? I guess the young guys were more interested in bodybuilding than their seniors. I loved it when Journey started blaring after Yamakawa won. I may not be able to watch another Big Japan match without listening to Separate Ways.