Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-11-03-AAA] El Texano & Pirata Morgan vs Perro Aguayo Jr & Heavy Metal

soup23

A good standard AAA tag that probably would look better if it didn’t come in the wake of a promotion that has been dreadful throughout 2000. If this is just the best match in a given week, that is one thing. However, this is probably one of the top 5-10 matches we have seen from the promotion this year and when it barely qualifies as good, that makes me question just how poor things have been overall than probably rightfully praise the singular action here. Even then, nothing here is extraordinary by any means, it is just competent. Last fall is filled with bullshit and outside interference featuring Jerry Estrada and Octagon. I don’t really know where all of this is leading or what I hope happens, I just hope the promotion improves from a clarity standpoint. **1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2000-11-03-AAA] El Texano & Pirata Morgan vs Perro Aguayo Jr & Heavy Metal
  • 8 months later...

Until the third fall, this was actually pretty good. The tecnicos were just dominant until the rudos got a lucky break to win the second fall. Texano wasn't selling that much but Perro was going 100 mph in his attack. Then the third fall happened and Jerry Estrada got involved and it became very AAA. Perro and Heavy Metal attack Hector Garza after the match so that feud is kicked into high gear. OK match but AAA is just above OVW in worst promotions of the year.