Pro Wrestling Only

PWI gives the NWA title World Status again

sek69

from the Wikipedia article on the NWA World Heavyweight Championship:

TNA dropped the NWA prefix but secured the rights to use the NWA World Heavyweight and NWA World Tag Team Championships until 2014. TNA can use the titles any way they see fit while not incurring the rule of the NWA Board of Directors. While these titles are still defended in several NWA territories, they are currently exclusive to TNA. Because of TNA's success on Spike TV, Pro-Wrestling Illustrated (August 2006 issue) granted "world title status" to both single and tag team belts.

This probably won't mean much to the smarky-smark-smarks like us, but for PWI to restore world title status is a boost in the eyes of the non internet savvy fans.

We may poo-poo it, but PWI is still front and center on every magazine stand I come across to this day.

Not bad for a company that everyone's been expecting to go out of business for the last 4 years.

I think they would have to with TNA being on national tv now. I think the tag titles getting world status again is more interesting.

Though it won't make any difference because TNA is going out of business in 3 months anyway. And if they haven't gone out of business by then don't worry because they'll just go out of business in 3 months.