Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-06-13-WWE-NXT] Pete Dunne vs Kyle O'Reilly

nivvad

A dream match of mine happening in WWE developmental is weird to think about, but i'll take it anyways. This definitely lived up to the hype of both these technical brawlers in a match together. It was fast, physical, and had a hot crowd completely in Dunne's favor. I'd like to see what both men could do in TakeOver settings, but for now this was satisfying enough, ****1/4.

This is the first no-Takeover NXT match I've seen in a while, so it's pretty spectacular to me watching Pete Dunne so over as a babyface. The match ruled, with all that fast-paced technique and hard hitting, also the crowd helped a lot. Dunne's work on Kyle's arm could have been sold better, and it really meant nothing at the end of the match, but it was still a very good fight between the two best wrestlers of their stables. It's funny because I didn't know I wanted to see this match that much untill I saw it. *** 3/4.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this was great. Pete Dunne is stringing together some Wrestler of the Year worthy performances in quick succession and I hope he gets more room to shine especially with his ongoing feud with Roddy. This was just fun, fast-paced action coupled with a nuclear hot crowd. Thought the finish was awesome and a great variation on the wrist control spot that actually plays into the build up of the match. Lots of goodness in this match. 

• GSR changed the title to [2018-06-13-WWE-NXT] Pete Dunne vs Kyle O'Reilly