Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-06-26-WWE-NXT UK Championship Tournament: Day Two] The Undisputed Era (Roderick Strong & Kyle O'Reilly) vs Moustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate)

SmartMark15

I've said this before but O'Reilly and Strong might be some of the best chickenshit bumping heels in the world. They've translated their indie athleticism and energy into an insanely fun ability to feed into the babyface team's offense. This was about as classic of a tag team format as there is. Early heat segment on Trent Seven that leads into a huge hot tag from Tyler Bate and straight into a wild and fun finishing stretch. Thought that Bate looked fantastic with his strikes, energy, and continued freak of nature power spots (the deadlift German while O'Reilly was on his back looked amazing). Liked the story that one of Undisputed Era's biggest flaws is how often they miscommunicate as indicated by how often missed spots from them became huge transition points not just in this match but in their other Tag Title matches. Reminds of when The Young Bucks had their 15% transitions in PWG during their big run. 

Awesome match, a nice addition to their six-man tag from last night and I look forward to seeing more from both teams.

****1/4

Another great tag match between two thirds of British Strong Style and two thirds of Undisputed Era. Similar match length with a similar sprint style pace for maximum adrenaline as all four guys put on a great match for the UK crowd. Bate and Seven winning led to one of the best pops I have ever heard in WWE for a title win in some time, ****1/4.

I liked a lot of things about this, but, it just didn't come together as well as I'd hoped. The control segment on Seven from Kyle and Roddy wasn't that interesting, aside from the bit where Kyle yanked Bate off the apron to stop the tag. I could also have done without the all the miscues from Kyle and Roddy, they did the exact same knee/elbow one in the trios match from the night before. But, it scores major points for Kyle and Roddy's stooging and bumping, especially the way Roddy sold that rolling kopo kick from Bate, and some of the spots were crazy in a good way, like Bate's deadlift German while Kyle was on his back, and that rebound lariat to O'Reilly into the suplex from Seven. But, I'd have liked to see them tell more of a story, other than "Kyle and Roddy can't seem to string together more than two successful tandem spots." It's a fun match to watch, and a great feel good moment for the UK fans, but I don't think it's a great match.

• GSR changed the title to [2018-06-26-WWE-NXT UK Championship Tournament: Day Two] The Undisputed Era (Roderick Strong & Kyle O'Reilly) vs Moustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate)