Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-06-26-WWE-NXT UK Championship Tournament: Day Two] Shayna Baszler vs Toni Storm

SmartMark15

This was probably my favorite of the Baszler title defenses. Although the matches are hit and miss for me, Baszler's persona has always impressed. I love this MMA destroyer sadist gimmick they're going for with her. Here it was on display wonderfully with Baszler just going straight for Storm and zoning in on a weakness. For her part, Toni Storm put in an amazing babyface performance selling her leg to perfection. I'm a huge mark for crumble spots and there were some lovely, lovely crumble spots here. Some good false finishes too especially with Storm just escaping the clutch long enough to set up the count out finisher. 

***3/4

• 1 month later...

Really enjoyed this, told a solid story throughout and one thing that really stood out to me was their facial expressions. Toni has that mixture of suffering and grit as she fights through the damage Shayna's inflicting on her, but she doesn't have enough. Popped for the finish too, good to teach crowds that they don't always make it just before the 10.

***1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2018-06-26-WWE-NXT UK Championship Tournament: Day Two] Shayna Baszler vs Toni Storm