Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-06-29-NJPW] Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi vs Tetsuya Naito & Hiromu Takahashi

nivvad

A great main event to cap off Kenny Omega’s first produced show. There was no way this wasn’t going to deliver considering the talent in this match. Naito in a shirt is still very good, but at least he had Hiromu there to pick up the slack. The Lovers of course are one of the best tag teams in the world, so of course they weren’t going to be outshined. Have to honor the respect of the scary bumps both teams took, especially Ibushi and Naito who killed themselves with a few neck bumps. There is potential for an even better match between these two teams, but still great stuff from start to finish, ****1/4.

Good God the neck bumps. Really good tag match, easily the best NJPW tag that wasn't Lover-Bucks or Bucks-RPG3K. Lots of great tandem offense and despite taking the pin because he's a Junior Heavyweight of course, Hiromu really got to shine in this one. And again, the neck bumps. Good Lord.

The Ibushi bump looked like a under rotated somersault flip escape out of the bomb. No way he was like, "Yeah let's land on my neck from the apron." :wacko::)

Generally, this was pretty fun wrestling in their style. As an exhibition at a game competition, no big secret that they didn't empty the tanks but, highly recommended. Plus CEO posted the match & full show (I think) on their YouTube channel so, it won't get ripped down in a week.

ah what the heck, here it is :P

Might as well enjoy the embedded videos!

5 hours ago, Wahoos Leg said:

Was there live and legit thought Naito broke his neck on that doubleteam move at the end 

Pretty sure his soul entered the astral plane for About 20 seconds after 

Hahaha! Yeah, it was a sick spot for sure and his landing made it look that much more dangerous. That bit and the Golden Trigger sealed the deal for me. I was pretty psyched on this match. Cool that you were there live!

• GSR changed the title to [2018-06-29-NJPW] Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi vs Tetsuya Naito & Hiromu Takahashi