Pro Wrestling Only

The Eddie Angle, Part II

sek69

Apparently the plan for SmackDown is to have Chavo feud with Rey over him using Eddie as an inspiration for his World Title run. Fine, I can live with that. It's kinda tacky, but by carny standards it's defendable at least.

Now I hear the further plans are to not only have Vicki involved but to have her turn heel and side with Chavo as well.

Someone tell me how this isn't crossing some sort of line, even by the usually low SPORTZ ENTERTAINMENT standards. The usual arguments of "you can't judge cause they're family and knew Eddie better than we do" don't fly considering this is fast approaching Fritz Von Erich levels of turning a family tragedy into fun and profit. Also as was pointed out on SC, there's no one who knew Eddie and isn't employed by Vince than thinks Eddie would be down with this.

In their mind, they were. It was supposed to get Rey over as an underdog babyface champion, but it became clear that he was only getting pops for mentioning Eddie. Not that Rey wasn't over, but he wasn't WWE Main Eventer over.

I'm just hoping this isn't as bad as the infamous Melanie Pillman segment, which to me is the most disgusting moment of WWF/E TV ever.

I don't watch WWE, I think McMahon is a scumbag, and I am not in any way, shape or form a WWE apologist...however the least I can say is that Eddie's widow must be okay with it on some level, or she wouldn't be involved, and at least she is going to be making some money from it, since she'll be appearing on screen. I had read somewhere that Eddie's death had hit the family quite hard financially, so if this can help her, I guess that's a good thing. I guess?

Being okay with it doesn't make it any less disgusting, and it smacks of someone trying to make excuses for feeling some level of guilt watching people shame themselves like this.

I know you don't watch WWE Dave, but most of the people who put that argument forward do.

Melanie Pillman obviously agreed to go on TV the day after her husband died, that doesn't make it any less goulish and creepy to watch that segment and see them zoom in to her face to the point where you can document every tear dropping from her eye while he was doing his best to coax her into saying "wasn't your fault, Vince".

People agree to do things they may not really think is best if they're in a tight enough financial situation and need money.