Pro Wrestling Only

Me on F4D Re: tape libraries

Bix

You SO wanted to name drop TD91 when talking about GLOW. Ivory owning that library is hilarious!

Ha, I didn't even think about it.

And Ivory owns POWW. Random Farmer's Daughter owns GLOW.

Good show, very informative.

Thanks!

I wasn't even aware of the $1 Wal-Mart DVDs. Has anything good surfaced on any of them?

Nah-it's just a random NJ indy benefit show that Mike Omansky worked on and got the rights to.

The Watts family wants FIVE MILLION DOLLARS for the Mid South library? That's more than it cost to buy the entire WCW organization. Crazy.

And that was what they quoted some businessman who wanted it as an investment, not WWE.

Guest teke184

The Watts family, from what I've heard, HATES Vince, knows the value of the footage, and seemingly has the means to hold out as long as they want.

That's an expensive combination, which is why I'd be surprised to see them sell the rights for less than twice that amount.

One thing that always puzzled me, a lot of people support the WWE buying every tape library they can find by pointing out that the previous owners weren't doing anything with them. I don't think WWE is going to do much more with a great majority of the stuff they buy.

The Dusty DVD was a great opportunity to feature the Florida footage that everyone thought was purchased just for this. Turned out that they barely used any of it, despite there being some classic stuff in there. I tend to think they bought the World Class footage just so they could include Kerry vs Flair on the second volume of the Ric Flair Collection that's been rumored forever. As much as I would personally mark for it, I don't think we'll ever see a WWE produced Freebirds set since to WWF/E fans Michael Hayes is the guy who used to manage the Hardy Boys and Terry Gordy is the guy in a mask who buried Taker alive.

I guess the footage is being taken care of better in the WWE Vaults than in the garages of whoever owned stuff before, but I don't see how WWE ownership of footage is going to increase it's availability. If anything, it's just giving Vince the power to crack down on tape traders who happen to offer footage that ends up being WWE owned.

Guest DylanWaco

After seeing the feces Mike Graham put out with the Flordia footage, I can safely say that anything..including nothing..would be better than that.