Pro Wrestling Only

[1975-11-17-WWWF-MSG, NY] Bruno Sammartino vs Ivan Koloff

paul sosnowski

• GSR changed the title to [1975-11-17-WWWF-MSG, NY] Bruno Sammartino vs Ivan Koloff
  • 5 years later...

WWWF Heavyweight Champion Bruno Sammartino vs Ivan Koloff - WWF MSG 11/17/75

This has Vince on Commentary with Gorilla Monsoon as the SGR. Looks like for Coliseum Home Video or Primetime as Bobby Heenan introduces the match. We get the last 7-8 minutes of a 21 minute match so I won’t rate it but you get into a rhythm watching this.

Bruno roars back with fists of fury after a collision spot knocked him out of the ring. Bruno is so great as the fiery comeback. Things settle down into a test of strength which Koloff knees into breadbasket and sends Bruno back out. Bruno grabs a hold of a Bearhug in the ropes and then brings him into the center. Call me crazy but I think someone working a strong man gimmick someone the size of a Mark Henry could bring back the Bearhug. Koloff gets out with a punch. Bruno keeps going for it. They trade bodyslams. Koloff gets two. Bruno gets two. Bruno sends Koloff out of the ring. They brawl on the apron. Monsoon distracts Bruno with the count and Uncle Ivan WAFFLES BRUNO WITH A CHAIR! Triggers DQ! Good finish for the second match of the series. Looking forward to the Steel Cage Match!