Pro Wrestling Only

[1985-02-05-Joint Promotions] Steve Grey vs Keith Haward

GSR

This was fought at catchweight and Haward, the bigger of the two, has the early advantage until Grey slowly starts to get back into things.  One thing that I've noticed is what a great seller Haward is, everything it so understated, but at the same time looks so legit and as though he is hurting or trying to shake off a bit of pain.  He demonstrates this again as Grey focuses his attention on Haward's leg and then when Grey tries to get him up for the surfboard, but with it being early in the bout Haward has the strength to fight the move off so Grey just jumps up and slams Haward's tied legs into the canvas.  The first fall was actually a carbon copy of what happened in his match with Chic Cullen, as Grey grabbed the leg and in one move Haward leaped over him and rolled him up from behind.  The next round sees a beautiful straight arm lift on Grey with great elevation, but he fights back to get the equalizing pin after a lovely set of reversals.  Haward went for the same move as he got the first fall, however this time Grey counters and spins round sitting on top of him, Haward then hooks the arms bringing him back down to the canvas but Grey rolls through and gets a folding press for the pin.  The action really heats up from here with Grey finally getting the surfboard on Haward in the centre of the ring but he manages to hold out, and Haward hitting a modified powerbomb before the time limit expires with the match tied at one fall apiece.

This was another good bout and similarly to the one with Myers, they seem to move things up another level when it's tied at one fall each.  There is also something slightly heelish about Haward that I can't put my finger on.  He's not a flagrant rulebreaker in the Sid Cooper category, but give him an open hand slap, a forearm across the face and you can noticeably see the anger levels rise in him and I do think there is some sort of cold, charisma with him.