Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-08-04-EVOLVE 108] Matt Riddle vs Shane Strickland (Hardcore)

Edwin

On the twilight of his indie career, Riddle gave one of his best EVOLVE performances to date against one of his greatest rivals. The first two matches between these guys in EVOLVE were pretty diappointing as they had non-finishes, but that was able to be thrown out the door as this match was encouraged to be as violent as possible. Even though Riddle was the main player here, I really thought Strickland came off looking like a star in the way he picked apart Riddle. Did I think the match needed to go almost half an hour? Not really, but I can't say it hampered my enjoyment of this match. Riddle did kind of go a bit overkill with the "fighting spirit" spots, but he still got his ass kicked by Strickland anyways. Very dramatic match with lots of bumps, strikes and everything else, and in the end Strickland finally puts Riddle away to win the EVOLVE title, ****1/2.

• GSR changed the title to [2018-08-04-EVOLVE 108] Matt Riddle vs Shane Strickland (Hardcore)