Pro Wrestling Only

Poll for 11/22/06; Survivor Series

Guest HTQ

Will you be buying/and or watching Survivor Series this year?  

1. 1.

• I will be buying Survivor Series
    • I will be watching the Survivor Series but I won't be buying it
    • I will not be watching or buying the Survivor Series at all

Guest The Original HTQ

WWE has promoted this years Survivor Series with essentially one Raw's worth of hype. Unless you visited WWE.com regularly last week, then it wasn't really until this past Monday that you had any real idea of what was going on at Survivor Series. There might have been some small mentions on the Raw from England, but if you didn't visit WWE.com on a regular basis then you probably had no idea of the teams at Survivor Series. With almost no real hype directed towards it, shocking for one of the 'big four' PPV's, are you in the mood to buy the PPV? Will you just settle for watching it the next day via some other means? Or do you just not care and are skipping it entirely?

Guest The Original HTQ

Agreed. Will they make Punk look strong before beating him? How will they beat him? Protect him with a cheap loss, maybe via DQ or CO, or will it be clean? I'm wondering how strong they'll make DX look, because they lost last month, even though they lost no heat at all and Edge and Orton gained nothing from it at all, and you know we have to keep DX super strong for the next four or five months.

A combination of WWE-style booking and common sense makes the booking seem pretty understandable to me. They just put the Hardyz back together and jobbing them now would be silly, and Punk is the ECW golden child, and DX needed their win back from last month. DX were the only ones on the babyface team that could stand to do a job, and they were the team captains, so that wasn't going to happen. They took the safe route. Understandable booking, if not exactly ballsy.

Guest The Original HTQ

I think WWE are trying to beat TNA at seeing who can book the worst.

I know the Squad are jokes, but having Flair beat three of them in a row and clean just makes it that much harder to salvage them when the gimmick gets kiboshed. Orton and Edge had whatever heat they've got squashed. At least if they had walked out they'd have saved some of their heat. As it is, they've ended all possibility of them being taken seriously as foes for DX. That's why DX matches get disappointing heat. Nobody cares because nobody really believes they'll lose. And even if they do lose, it's always a fluke and DX get their heat back right away. Is there a reason Kennedy couldn't be the one to use the chair on Undertaker and a reason he had to get the shit kicked out of him afterwards? If Umaga was getting protected by losing via DQ, couldn't he have at least laid everyone out? Batista getting the World Title was the right ending and that last minute change that the title can be lost on a DQ had to be a shot at TNA. I can only surmise the finish was done so they can extend the program between Batista and Booker, otherwise there was no reason not to have Batista win clean.