Pro Wrestling Only

Draft Notes

Strummer

*Spoilers on upcoming draft ( I think this classifies as a spoiler)* from Keller:

-The timing of the Draft Lottery being schedule for May makes sense since WWE wanted to get through Backlash before making roster changes, especially with Shawn Michaels & Hulk Hogan teaming together.

-The top rumored switches within WWE are Shawn Michaels to Smackdown and Kurt Angle to Raw. Politically, it would be a fascinating double-switch since Angle and Triple H are not close and there has been undercurrent of rivalry between them over the past couple of years. Meanwhile, Michaels has major political clout due to his years of closeness to Vince McMahon and his friendship with Triple H, so he would be seen on the Smackdown side as both a welcome boost in star power but also a "spy" from Raw who would take away political power from others.

Guest Dazed

but also a "spy" from Raw who would take away political power from others.

That's the most pathetic thing I've read in a very, very long time.

I'm surprised HHH would let his boyfriend go to Smackdown, who else is going to job to him without complaint?

What would the point be bringing Angle to RAW? On paper it sounds good since it would be a fresh heel, but since he doesn't get along that great with HHH I can't imagine they're going to be wild about doing a program.

so he would be seen on the Smackdown side as both a welcome boost in star power

What the fuck was Kurt Angle? A JTTS?
Angle's title runs were so badly booked I don't think WWE considers him main event material. They probably want someone like HBK who they can stick in the main event at any time and have mark credibility.

I think it's fascinating how the old, beaten up and no longer sexy boy is more over than the cocky, womanizing rock star was in the 1990s. I guess it's because his character is more human now, but he's infinitely more likeable than he was as a babyface in 1996.

Guest Some Guy

I think it's fascinating how the old, beaten up and no longer sexy boy is more over than the cocky, womanizing rock star was in the 1990s. I guess it's because his character is more human now, but he's infinitely more likeable than he was as a babyface in 1996.

Shawn actually sells as a face now. If you watched Raw last night he did let two guys beat him down after giving a good fight. Watch KotR 96 and see HBK beat both Owen and Bulldog up at the same time, with the Hogan figure four/small package combo.

Plus, I think Shawn is a better worker now than he was in 96 because he realizes that he's not Hulk Hogan, he's a small guy with a lot of fire and fight. In 96 they booked him/he booked himself to be superman and because of his size the crowd started to reject it. That and his gimmick was a little too heelish, even as a face.

Guest Some Guy

True, but the he was saved before he got the ever living shit kicked out of him. In 96, I think he did 4 jobs total (3 to Vader, it might have been two) ane one to Sid and almost never got beaten down. I think Vader may have been the only guy to leave him laying as Raw went off the air.

Now, that I think of it I don't think Shawn got pinned (other than the bullshit HHH match) for all of 97. He didn't really wrestle in Feb, March, April, July, or August though and barely worked in May.

He has been beaten in the last few years, he did get his heat back but atleast people see him as a failible person, rather than an unrealistic superhero.