Kadaveri Posted October 1, 2018 Report Share Posted October 1, 2018 I'm writing this review now on just having got home from seeing the show. It should be available to watch on their streaming service in a few days and this match is really worth seeking out. It's for the Progress World Title. Tyler is the "Big Strong Boy" who's facing a huge strong man in the champion Walter. Walter (got a live violin duo playing his entrance theme) totally dominated the opening half, lots of basic wrestling and tests of strength type manoeuvres, however hard he fights nothing Tyler does seems to have any significant effect on Walter. It's like he's just made out of brick. The fighting spills out to the floor at one point and Tyler manages to reverse a suplex attempt into one of his own to the floor! I don't think I've ever heard a simple vertical suplex get such a loud pop from the crowd. Pete Dunne and Trent Seven are now at ringside urging Tyler on, as well are the crowd who are 75% loudly behind him (and the remaining 25% is mostly a vocal pro-Walter section). Now even the pop for the suplex wasn't as loud as the huge roar for Tyler as he's stuck in a sleeper hold urging him to fight out of it. It's remarkable how a match mostly consisting of moves that wouldn't look out of place in the 1970s is getting the biggest reactions of the show and feels like a real big match showdown. The match reaches it very logical outcome at the end. Yet another strong title defence for Walter. ****1/2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.