Pro Wrestling Only

AWA results for October 1986

rainmakerrtv

AWA show from the Saddledome, Calgary, November 1st

The Youngbloods vs. The Can-Am Express

Blackman caught Lafon flat footed with the bicycle kick for the win

Bill Dundee,  Brian Pillman & Shane Douglas vs. John Tatum, Jack Victory & Johnny Ace

Wayne Bloom tried to interfere by jumping on the ring apron, but somebody came out of the audience and pulled him to the floor. In the ensuing confusion, Pillman hit the Air Pillman on Ace to score the pinfall. After the match, the Stud Squad tried to attack Superstar Unit,  but the newcomer sent them all flying with lightning quick dropkicks. It was Calgary's own Owen Hart! After they had cleared out the Hollywood Stud Squad,  all four of them celebrated in the ring together

Al Perez & The Great Kabuki vs. Black Irish

After Finlay clipped Kabuki from behind, Cameron nailed him with a leaping clothesline to get the victory.

AWA Six Man Tag Team Title Match : The Guerrero Brothers © vs. British Steel & Dynamite Kid

The match ended up a no contest with all members of both teams brawling in the ring

Sgt. Slaughter, Cpl. Scott Hall & Too Cold Scorpio vs. Buddy Rose, Harley Race & Leo Burke

Scorpio pinned Burke after a top rope splash

AWA American Title Match : Bob Orton © vs. Bob Backlund

Orton rolled up Backlund with a fistful of trunks to get the dirty win.

• 1 month later...

Just want to give my own little valediction for my part of this awesome project. I came in very close to the beginning of this project, and it has been a wild and enjoyable ride. Up until the last show I posted (and beyond that) , I continued to have ideas for my writing. Unfortunately, the past few months have seen some changes in my life that have given me less time for writing and less opportunities to plan things out. I also had to deal with some health issues, nothing major but being sick cost me a lot of time and pushed me further and further behind. I had planned to skip over the month of November, then to skip ahead to the year end show, but I just kept getting bogged down. My circuit had gotten too big for my current life, with too many shows stacking up and too many story lines to sort out, until it got to the point of no return. I felt guilty in taking a new spot in AWA Dawn Of War, but by the point I did this project had pretty much wrapped up, and Dawn Of War was giving me opportunities more suited to my current lifestyle : a clean slate, new creativity, a smaller roster, and a lighter workload. I want to take a moment to thank everyone who made this project what it was : Low Blow, Edger, Gene, and all of the other promoters who helped make it so much fun ; all of the people who read my shows and provided feedback (if I have one regret, it is that I wasn't nearly good at giving feedback as I was at getting it) ; and above all, the memory of Crossface Chicken Wing (RIP), who got me started by inviting me to join the AWA promotion and was an invaluable collaborator and creative foil in the early days. I hope to some day come back to this version of the AWA and post a few more shows to play out the story lines still in my head, but can't make any promises. I am still writing over in Dawn Of War as AWA Pacific, and have some pretty fun ideas cooking. Thanks for everything, guys, and hope you have had as much fun with this as I have.

It was always a pleasure for me too to read your stuff. I may have moved on to another booking project on another board as well as a much reduced role in the 2019 Project coming up but I'll always have very fond memories of the 1983 Project, that I couldn't have discovered without that one Facebook thread that LowBlow posted about this. I was immediately hooked and I was thrilled I could bring to life Lutte Internationale. I was hoping to actually have it outlive the real one but it wasn't meant to be. In the meantime, I'm putting my own spin on the AWA elsewhere and I'm having a blast so far!