Pro Wrestling Only

[1988-03-05-WWF-Boston, MA] Jumping Bomb Angels vs Glamour Girls

paul sosnowski

This is the seventh of nine televised matches between these two teams.      Originally broadcast on NESN Sports network in Boston.     Available on the Network, Vault, Prime Time Wrestling 1988.   May 16th episode, starts at 40:50.    Jumping Bomb Angels defend the WWF Women's Tag Team titles against Lelaini Kai & Judy Martin.     Talk about it here

• 2 weeks later...

WWF Women's Tag Team Champions Jumping Bomb Angels vs Glamour Girls - Boston 3/5/88

So I may have gone a tad bit overboard in my praise for this match on Tag Teams Back Again (Whoomp There It Is!), but this match still rocks and I think at the very least it is as good as the famous MSG match. It is a little bit shorter than I remember. I loved the babyface shine of this match. The Angels just overwhelm the Girls attacking from all angles at high-speed. That short arm scissors sent me back into Mark Out City! You gotta see this Short Arm Scissors! The Girls were great stooges and bumpers for the all-out assault of the Jumping Bomb Angels. I liked the double Abdominal Stretch and Gorilla was very impressed by the proficiency of the Angels. I thought where this match really stood out was the heat segment. One Angel missed a senton and immediately tagged out, but this left the other Angel in the danger of a double team. Earl Hebner was BARKING at all the women during this chaotic heat segment but he could not be everywhere at once and he totally lost control. The Girls were awesome with tons of double teaming, choking and hair pulling. The other Angel desperately contested this but Hebner was being a blockhead. I really liked her apron work. We get that classic strong bridge from the Angel in Peril. The best part of the match was that the Glamour Girls used the tag rope liberally to choke out the Bomb Angel. I was marking out. Then there was just great stuff. Like the false hot tag and all that great gaga. Martin misses an elbow drop. HOT TAG! HIGH KNEES GALORE! She just starts throwing her ass at them like Asuka would. Leliani Kai thinks she is really smart for avoiding a crossbody but eats a missile dropkick! Big pop! 1-2-Judy Martin saves. Backslide in the fracas gets three! Move over Rockers vs Demolition, this is the WWF Match of the year for 1988! Great high-energy tag team wrestling with an awesome heat segment. ****1/2

• GSR changed the title to [1988-03-05-WWF-Boston, MA] Jumping Bomb Angels vs Glamour Girls