Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-01-04-NJPW-Wrestle Kingdom 13] Kazuchika Okada vs Jay White

paul sosnowski

Really good sprint. I was concerned there was going to be padding and chain wrestling in a match that didn't really need it, but they got off to a quick start and never let off the gas pedal. While I feel like there could have been a little more anger and hate in the match, I still felt that Okada was a bit more aggressive than normal and I loved the Nakamura stomp in the rope.  Both guys got to show their stuff in a match that never over-stayed its welcome and was a huge win for Jay.

I was hoping for a violent and intense brawl, but unfortunately this match was another victim of time cuts. It was still a pretty fun match as it was all just Okada getting in his shit. Signature incredible sequences by the end of course with an incredible albeit predictable finish. Still in the boat that thinks their G1 match was better, ****.

Hey, I enjoyed this a lot more than I could ever imagine. Okada removing the ugly pants to reveal that the Rainmaker of old was back got a huge pop out of me, as did his fiery assault on White and Gedo. Jay White doesn't do much for me still, but he looked a lot more confident than usual, and him picking up a clean win was genuinely shocking, especially as I was Okada was going to steamroll over him. 

★★★¾

• GSR changed the title to [2019-01-04-NJPW-Wrestle Kingdom 13] Kazuchika Okada vs Jay White