Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-01-14-Stardom] Momo Watanabe vs Tam Nakano

aguakun

Wonder of Stardom Championship: Momo Watanabe (c) vs. Tam Nakano

Some variation in Momo's formula would have made this more exciting for me, but it was still a good bout. I liked the cruelness displayed by the champion and Tam gave an emotional performance, showing lots of fighting spirit.

***1/2

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2019-01-14-Stardom] Momo Watanabe vs Tam Nakano

Both shined here. Momo was an excellent bully here. Her entire dismissive demeanour towards Tam. Her stuff kicks which at the beginning was just little teasers but towards the end were killer blows that were desperately trying to end the match. She blended her performance and role into Tam's perfectly. I wouldn't say Tam was the underdog here in the sense that she was selling the entire match but she was very scrappy, found ways to match and even beat Momo with her kicks and suplexes. Everything was quick and urgent from her and of course, her selling was great. Great pacing too like most modern day Joshi matches have. Tam Nakano isn't not a great wrestler but she brought it, and brought it all in this match. Everything just clicked and meshed together greatly.