Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-02-03-NJPW-New Beginning in Sapporo: Night Two] Shingo Takagi & BUSHI vs El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru

paul sosnowski

What in the world is this? A really GOOD Suzuki-gun juniors tag team match? No bullshit here, just Shingo fucking Takagi tossing around Kanemaru and Desperado with BUSHI being a nice support. Speaking of Kanemaru, I haven't seen a great effort like this from him in YEARS. I won't say I'm intrigued by a potential BUSHI vs Desperado mask vs mask match either, ****1/4.

• GSR changed the title to [2019-02-03-NJPW-New Beginning in Sapporo: Night Two] Shingo Takagi & BUSHI vs El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru

It's a shame modern jrs in NJPW wrestle as heavyweights 2.0, because this could have been great if they used the tone of the -fantastic- second half in the whole match. But nope, we have to deal with some boring ringside brawling, painfully weak looking forearms and intrascendent legwork first. Only Bushi and Desperado máscaras show was worth watching in the first ten minutes or so. Takagi and Kanemaru killed it in the climax of this, I'm currently looking at a BOSJ singles between those two, there's some chemistry there.