Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-03-10-WWE-Fastlane] The Shield (Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins) vs Bobby Lashley & Baron Corbin & Drew McIntyre

paul sosnowski

• GSR changed the title to [2019-03-10-WWE-Fastlane] The Shield (Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins) vs Bobby Lashley & Baron Corbin & Drew McIntyre

A standard Shield affair. I was expecting Roman's big return to match Kobashi coming back to NOAH in 2007, but it's a great testament to WWE's shoddy booking that I really couldn't care less about his return match. The heel team could of been anybody. The best moments were the big dive in the crowd area and Rollin's unexpected cursing. I'm just happy to see The Big Dog back.

★★★

I am gonna be honest: I didn't care for the match at all until it spilled to the outside, and I got them Shield vs. Evolution flashbacks with their all-over-the-place chaotic brawling. That's when the match started to RULE, and it never stopped ruling big time after that. The sequence Corbin & Reigns had inside the ring while the other four were outside was great, as was the whole Triple Powerbomb bit w/ the heels first trying to do it mockingly, only for The Shield to PUNISH them with the real thing. The finish with the boys just destroying Baron was superb too, and I won't lie, I got them goosebumps when Rollins got fired up yelling "one last motherfucking time!" when they went for the Triple Powerbomb to get the finish. Awesome stuff. ***1/2