Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-08-31-AEW-All Out] PAC vs Kenny Omega

paul sosnowski

A hundred mile an hour bombfest: Kenny's comfort zone. And it certainly showed. These two moved at such a speed and with the way they both bumped so big for each other, it was impossible for this to be anything less than very good. Things did start to slow down after PAC clipped his knee on the barricade (which Omega did too) but I thought they kept the intensity high even after the botched Poison Rana. It was big moves at a brisk pace, I can definitely get behind that.

****1/4

I didn’t like this as much the second time round. It was just a basic back and forth match with momentum switching back and forth every now and again, and that can work sometimes but it felt way too surface level to be anything than solid. It could’ve done with it being shorter but a bigger narrative mid match. It felt like a match you’d see two random wrestlers on Raw have, not Kenny Omega and PAC. Wasn’t terrible but I wanted more. Omega’s facial expressions were really bad all match as well. Like really bad. **1/2

Yeah, Omega's facial and body language in general is awful. But I liked the match, specially thanks to PAC's strategy of countering every classic Omega spot. Not anything great, and surely not the best thing these two could do together (I hope), but a very fun match almost every time and a great victory for PAC. ***1/4 seems about right.