Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-11-01-WWE-Smackdown] Adam Cole vs Daniel Bryan

paul sosnowski

Daniel Bryan, the best wrestler in the world, is unsurprisingly absolutely fantastic in this. Adam Cole on the other hand? Not so much. It's not that he was bad, but I would be lying if I said he contributed anything worthwhile into the match. This truly felt like D-Bry wrestling a broom, and he sure did his best with that said broom, making this a very good, worthwhile match. The best match of that said brooms year, actually. He worked the cocky ace role excellently between his awesome trashtalk, those brutal kicks, which seemed even more vicious than usual & the same could be said for his submission holds. He was really GRUMPY, and my goodness does GRUMPY American Dragon rule. Even Cole and his random shitty & weak kick variations and bad looking headlocks couldn't ruin this one -- and well to be honest, he (thankfully) didn't even get that much offense in. One of my favorite bits was actually when he took over for like a minute or something, he then starts striking Bryan with some super weak looking forearms, which Bryan shakes off & puts Cole down with some actually fantastic looking forearms of his own. That kind of summed up the whole match in some ways. All in all, a very good & welcomed 20-minute Daniel Bryan, aka the GOAT, -show! ***1/2

7 minutes ago, ShittyLittleBoots said:

This truly felt like D-Bry wrestling a broom, and he sure did his best with that said broom, making this a very good, worthwhile match.

Adam Cole contributed absolute zero to this match. He doesn't even ragdoll so much as just do the bare minimum to sell any of the offense Bryan throws his way. Again, nothing offensive but my god was he bland. His only idea for a transition in the whole match was a boot to the face with cutting off Bryan's dive being the only cool variation on this at all. Otherwise, Bryan was fantastic. Probably the best spot for me was the constant shifting he did on the LeBell Lock to try and keep Cole from the ropes. It felt like a less perfunctory version of Joe's similar spot. Really looked like he might win it at that point too which there was pretty much zero chance of.

***3/4

This is the most physical I've seen Adam Cole to date and Bryan was the right opponent to bring it out of him. He just has the god given ability to get the best out of anyone making them look more credible than they really are. He was in full control punishing Cole at every turn. In some aspects this felt like a young lion's match where Cole was throwing everything he could at Bryan getting some shine only for him to be stopped and stopped hard. A fun one this was.