Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - May 13, 2020

MoS

I guess I'm a fanboy on the AEW payroll, but these shows are light years beyond anything WWE is producing now. Everything just seems more lifelike with actual reactions from a (tiny) crowd instead of seeming to take place literally in a bubble.

If JR cannot sell what he is seeing cuz he needs to be legit or whatever for his fans, the least he can do is not bury it and let others do the selling. He's been awful for a good while. I was definitely NOT missing him. 

Just now, MoS said:

If JR cannot sell what he is seeing cuz he needs to be legit or whatever for his fans, the least he can do is not bury it and let others do the selling. He's been awful for a good while. I was definitely NOT missing him. 

I hate that excuse for him too. He's sold all manner of bollocks over his career, including a lot worse than anything AEW has done.

At the very least, it's an expensive object that Hardy has been shown to have an attachment to. Hardy sold it accordingly too. It was fine. As FMKK pointed out, it's not close to the stuff he has actually sold through his career. Russo's booking, Katie Vick, I could go on. 

Brodie Lee needing outside interference to win is bad booking imo. As it is, he is challenging for the world title out of nowhere with just a couple of squashes and one big match, straight out of WWWF 1960s booking. He needs to look as strong as possible, otherwise it makes a weak main event even weaker. He should have run through Daniels. 

Good promo by Mox. Pity Brodie Lee was not booked stronger. 

Another very good show in my opinion. It's interesting because it was mostly about building the PPV and ordinarily it would be a good idea, but we are not in ordinary times and who knows how many buys they get. 

26 minutes ago, MoS said:

At the very least, it's an expensive object that Hardy has been shown to have an attachment to. Hardy sold it accordingly too. It was fine. As FMKK pointed out, it's not close to the stuff he has actually sold through his career. Russo's booking, Katie Vick, I could go on. 

It was goofy its ok to react that way rather then act like its some heinous act.

I agree about the Brodie Lee booking though.  He basically should have murdered Daniels.  

Not a lot of tonight worked for me, sadly. In-ring anyway. 2020 looks like it needs to be Chris Daniels’ retirement year and the women’s 4 way was a shambles. Did Santana and Ortiz ever get their title shot? I honestly can’t remember. I imagine Page is handing off the title to Matt Hardy so they have to go over but still, I love me Santana and Ortiz. 

Vanguard getting destroyed was hilarious. Everyone on the roster taking Matt Hardy completely serious is making it so much better.