Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Fyter Fest 2020 - Night one

MoS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The tone of the show was set strong by that match. ***3/4 for that one. A more epic ending would have been 4 Star for me. Time for Jurassic Express to hit the Tag Team ranks. MJF and Wardlow will split soon after hearing, "Can you do anything right!?". MJF looked like a star wearing pink, BTW.

I feel I will end up liking this match more than most. It felt more like an actual knockdown dragout fight than most AEW matches feel, even though they inserted a couple of cute spots in it. Shida retained as she should. 

The biggest difference between NXT & AEW to me, from flipping back-and-forth tonight, is that in NXT, not very many people feel special or like stars. Like that opening women's four way is just a nothing match. Meanwhile, in AEW, so far each match has felt like the people in the match were stars. 

Io/Sasha on NXT I'm sure will be different but their card is not something that looks like they're too concerned with trying to "fight" against AEW on Wednesday.