Pro Wrestling Only

[2020-08-10-BJW] Daisuke Sekimoto & Kohei Sato vs Takuya Nomura & Fuminori Abe (Astronauts)

Jmare007

Daisuke Sekimoto & Kohei Sato vs Astronauts (Takuya Nomura & Fuminori Abe) - BJW Tag Title match 08/10/20

For a crowd of 300 that couldn't chant because of Covid, you ain't getting much better than this. And when it comes to the in ring acting, this is not for the faint of heart, as Abe and Sato do EXACTLY the type of sick shit they did to each other last year: shoot headbutts, full force heatbutts and a whole bunch of closed fists to the forehead :picard: I loved how this time it felt like Astronauts were ready for the occasion, they are still the underdogs but this time around they aren't treated like the two disrespectful young kids. They are a legit threat and are treated as such, with Sekimoto and Sato chocking, striking and stretching them to gain control, but not being able to contain them. The last 10 minutes or so are vicious with a bunch of stiff striking sequences and some dope counters. It was everything I wanted it to be. If this had a red hot Korakuen it would be my MOTY easily...it didn't had that so I'll just say it was a fucking awesome match :blessed:

• GSR changed the title to [2020-08-10-BJW] Daisuke Sekimoto & Kohei Sato vs Takuya Nomura & Fuminori Abe (Astronauts)

This might be the best match I've seen since the world ended.  It would seem as though Nomura has been annointed the next big thing in BJW, but Abe absolutely steals the show here with his offense an incredible blend of speed, and willingness to trade brutal, simple strikes with Sato.  Absolutely tremendous and right on the cusp of ****1/2.

• 2 weeks later...

This match ruled. Easily the best tag match I've seen this year, and probably the best match post-craziness. So much to love, like Abe and Sato rapping each other with knuckles to the forehead while fighting on the ground. Nomura’s still the same lovable, disrespectful prick, smacking Sekimoto in the face a couple of times before grabbing the front facelock. Nomura gets bullied for awhile, mainly them working over his neck/shoulder, but he hits a great capture suplex counter to Sato’s high kick to make the tag to Abe. Abe’s just so slick with his counters and transitions. The exchanges between he and Sato are full of nasty headbutts, elbows, punches. By the end of it, both guys are bleeding. Sekimoto always does a great job of taking a beating and he does that here, especially during that finishing stretch with Nomura walloping him with open hands. Abe jumping off Sekimoto's back with the Shining Wizard was dope, and I loved Sato casually walking over and kicking out Nomura's leg on the German suplex hold. Great stuff!