Pro Wrestling Only

[2021-01-17-Stardom-10th Anniversary] Utami Hayashishita vs Maika

Tenese Sarwieh

Hayashishita’s second red belt title defense and it’s against the challenger Maika. Makia had a great strategy of working over the left arm with submissions and Utami trying to offset that using her power. Everything here was fine, it did drag some in the middle and I zoned out in some parts but picked up big in the end. Things escalated into throwing bombs leading to Utami hitting a perfect looking BT Bomb, solid stuff. 

• 5 weeks later...

Maika grounds the champ early with some armwork.  She gets a Fujiwara, a standard armbar, and an armbar/triangle choke combo.  I like the struggle for Maika's superplex.  Maika's backdrop driver looked brutal.  Utami is able to make comebacks with lariats, goes for a Black Tiger Bomb, but Maika escapes to get the katahajime and Utami uses the ropes to slam Maika down.  Maika eats a huge bitchslap and a torture rack slam for a two count and then the Black Tiger Bomb for three.  Not bad, I liked how just about everything had some kind of struggle, nothing was easy, but this did meander when Maika was on offense.

• GSR changed the title to [2021-01-17-Stardom-10th Anniversary] Utami Hayashishita vs Maika
  • 2 months later...

This was my kind of match. Really enjoyed how it mostly built out of Maika's early arm work and Utami going after the back. You could conceivably say that Maika lost because she stopped going after Utami's arm. They also mostly avoid falling into the typical Japanese main event troupes which was a bit refreshing. ****¼