Pro Wrestling Only

Big Time Wrestling (Texas) 1981 (updated with results from 3/15 - 3/21)

BRobb123

3/15

Fort Worth, TX

Will Rogers Coliseum

Texas Tag Champions Kerry von Erich & Bruiser Brody defeated Mark Lewin & the Spoiler (w/Gary Hart) when Kerry pinned Lewin

Kevin & David von Erich fought Jimmy Snuka & Paul Orndorff to a no-contest when the match got too out of control and was thrown out

The Magnificent Muraco (w/Skandor Akbar) defeated Brian Blair

Rick Martel defeated Killer Brooks

Jim Duggan defeated Brad Armstrong

El Paso, TX

Civic Center

Chavo Guerrero & Mil Mascaras defeated the Dynamic Duo (Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard) when Chavo pinned Blanchard

Terry Funk & Ted Dibiase defeated the Sheepherders (Butch Miller & Luke Williams) when Funk pinned Miller

Stan Hansen defeated Crusher Blackwell

Tito Santana wrestled Adrian Street to a 20-minute time limit draw

Brass Knuckles Champion Adrian Adonis (w/James J. Dillon) defeated Ciclon Negro in a non-title match

3/16

Odessa, TX

Ector County Coliseum

Terry Funk & Ted Dibiase defeated the Sheepherders (Butch Miller & Luke Williams) when Funk pinned Miller

The Dynamic Duo (Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard) defeated Mil Mascaras & Tito Santana when Gino pinned Tito

Chavo Guerrero wrestled Adrian Street to a 20-minute time limit draw

Brass Knuckles Champion Adrian Adonis (w/James J. Dillon) defeated Ciclon Negro in a non-title match

3/17

Lawton, OK

Great Plains Coliseum

Texas Tag Champions Kerry von Erich & Bruiser Brody defeated Mark Lewin & the Spoiler (w/Gary Hart) when Kerry pinned Lewin

Jimmy Snuka & Paul Orndorff defeated Kevin & David von Erich when Snuka pinned David

The Magnificent Muraco (w/Skandor Akbar) defeated Brad Armstrong

Brian Blair defeated Jim Duggan

Lubbock, TX

Fair Park Coliseum

The Dynamic Duo (Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard) defeated Mil Mascaras & Tito Santana when Gino pinned Tito

Brass Knuckles Champion Adrian Adonis (w/James J. Dillon) defeated Ciclon Negro in a non-title match

3/18

Amarillo, TX

Amarillo Sports Arena

Taped for television

Terry Funk & Ted Dibiase fought the Sheepherders (Butch Miller & Luke Williams) to a no contest when the match got too out of control and was thrown out

The Dynamic Duo (Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard) defeated Mil Mascaras & Tito Santana when Gino pinned Tito after hitting him with a foreign object

Stan Hansen defeated Crusher Blackwell after avoiding a dropkick, then hitting a western lariat (highlights and finish shown)

Chavo Guerrero wrestled Adrian Street to a 20-minute time limit draw (highlights and finish shown)

Brass Knuckles Champion Adrian Adonis (w/James J. Dillon) defeated Ciclon Negro in a non-title match with a sleeperhold (highlights and finish shown)

3/19

Dallas, TX

Sportatorium

Taped for television

Texas Tag Champions Kerry von Erich & Bruiser Brody defeated Mark Lewin & the Spoiler (w/Gary Hart) when Kerry pinned Lewin after intercepting and using an object thrown by Hart

Kevin & David von Erich fought Jimmy Snuka & Paul Orndorff to a no-contest when the match got too out of control and was thrown out

The Magnificent Muraco (w/Skandor Akbar) defeated Brad Armstrong with an Asiatic spike

Brian Blair defeated Killer Brooks with an inside toehold cradle (highlights and finish shown)

Rick Martel defeated Jim Duggan with a top-rope bodypress (highlights and finish shown)

Abilene, TX

Taylor County Coliseum

3/20

Austin, TX

City Coliseum

Texas Tag Champions Kerry von Erich & Bruiser Brody defeated Mark Lewin & the Spoiler (w/Gary Hart) when Kerry pinned Lewin

Jimmy Snuka & Paul Orndorff defeated Kevin & David von Erich when Snuka pinned David

Big Daddy Bundy defeated Brad Armstrong

3/21

San Antonio, TX

Hemisfair Arena

Big Daddy Bundy defeated Brad Armstrong

26 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Just check their wiki and go along with this if you wanna stay as close as possible to the real thing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Class_Championship_Wrestling#Championships

Yeah, that's how I landed on David, who is my least favorite Von Erich. Oh well. The others, I couldn't just name with champs out of the territory, and I didn't want to immediately have tournaments, so BAM! champs appeared out of thin air.

57 minutes ago, BRobb123 said:

Uh, who knows, they just started out that way? I can make up dates. Also, David is the Texas Heavyweight Champion. He was just in tags this week to help set up Snuka and Orndorff.

I checked on wrestlingdata and got The Texas & the Tag belts and the brass knuckles started on 3/13/81.

A ton of fun cards....I like all the tag matches and I always marked out for Brody and Kerry... such a fun mega team. I am hoping to see more from Gino and Tully along the way.  Also going to be interesting to see where David and Kevin fit in the scheme of everything. I don't know as much about the Von Erichs at this point in 1980 so its fun to see how you're using them.

• 2 weeks later...