Pro Wrestling Only

1971-1982 8mm film restoration (WWWF/WWF Boston & NY)

Ricky Jackson

This was posted in the YouTube links thread, but since there are only 15 days left and a lot of $ still to be raised I thought I would create this thread to try and scare up some donations. I think this is a super worthy cause. Previously, the footage is of poor quality and with, let's say, questionable commentary. What has been restored so far looks so amazing. Kickstarter link here

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mitgoji/1971-1982-pro-wrestling-super-8mm-film-hd-restoration?ref=project_link

This is cool and I wish my financial situation was better so I could contribute. The only thing that would frustrate me is the fact that it's all clipped and some matches apparently don't have finishes. I appreciate that the footage doesn't otherwise exist but I am so over clips. 

One question: in the sample video during the tag match footage, someone does some weird strut sell after being punched. Was that Albano? It was so wacky that it stood out way more than anything else in the video, to me. 

Yes, that's Albano. Rocking the cut offs too, lol

And yes, these are clips and not full matches. But if you compare what the restored footage is like compared to the original, with vastly improved clarity, it's almost like it's pro shot. And this was years before they televised Boston Garden shows, so historically it's very important.

But it looks like this is all going to be moot. The total hasn't increased in several days and there is less than 2 weeks left to raise like 26-27k US