Pro Wrestling Only

Andre Bollet

Grimmas

Discuss here.

Jetlag said:

"outrageous heel character who could do both stiff heated brawling as well as really graceful wrestling, all while looking like a balding dumpy car salesman. If this list was about heat seeking heel shtick alone he would be a lock for the top 10. Still have a few matches of his to go through, but people should be aware of this French star."

• 4 weeks later...

I love this guy. He carried himself like a big star and he could go, either technically or as a brawler. As with many of the French catch standouts, it's going to be hard to decide how to rank him based on a relatively small sample (though we have more of him than a lot of others). But he was a blast. 

I really liked his early appearances in the 50s, but I ended up getting so frustrated with him later on. I will probably be on the outlier on that as the Segunda Caida chaps are a lot nicer than me. Having said that, it's pretty late into the 60s when it starts to bother me, and Catch itself isn't the greatest by that stage. 

He has these super long singles matches that are brutal. A few of them are against Carpentier, who I don't really at all in France. I tend to think of Bollet as a tag guy. I think that's what suited him best. It's also an expectations thing. At first he seemed like an Arn Anderson type, or even a Mick McManus type, but he didn't maintain that level. That's kind of my fault though for anointing him too soon.