Pro Wrestling Only

Itsuki Yamazaki

Grimmas

Elliott said: 

"I can't believe she wasn't nominated in 2016. I just assumed she had been or she would've been my first nominee. Jumping Bomb Angels are one of the best tag teams of all time and she deserves a nomination based on that alone. Incredible athlete. OJ has called her the spiritual successor to Jaguar Yokota and I can totally see that, but she can show vulnerability like I've never seen from Jaguar. The Dump Matsumoto match from 8/21/86 is one of the singular holy shit babyface performances of all time. Must see match, must watch nominee. She's another one that would be a contender if we were doing a top 50 instead of a top 100. Itsuki Yamazaki was the fucking bomb. "

I checked earlier to see if she had a thread and I was stunned that she didn't, so I'm glad that she has one now. She probably won't be in my top 100 because there are so many great wrestlers, but she was awesome in her own right. She was great in the JBA, being the clear better of the two (not to knock Tateno, and she was fun in all the singles matches I've seen of her too. Her JWP run has some cool matches like the Dynamite Kansai match. 

Her JWP run was fantastic:

Itsuki Yamazaki vs. Plum Mariko (JWP 5/25/90)

Rumi Kazama & Shinobu Kandori vs. Devil Masami & Itsuki Yamazaki (JWP 9/30/90)

Itsuki Yamazaki vs. Miss A (Dynamite Kansai) (JWP 1/6/91) (UWA Tournament First Round Match)

Devil Masami & Rumi Kazama vs. Miss A & Itsuki Yamazaki (JWP 4/26/1991)

Devil Masami & Hikari Fukuoka vs. Itsuki Yamazaki & Cuty Suzuki (JWP 5/25/1991)

Dynamite Kansai & The Scorpion vs. Harley Saito & Itsuki Yamazaki (JWP 8/8/91)

Unfortunately, she quit right before the interpromotional era. I imagine if she stayed around for that we would be raving about her. Her veteran style was so cool. I'm a bit lukewarm on the mid to late 80s AJW style, but I'm open to recommendations.