Pro Wrestling Only

[2021-06-21-WWE-RAW] Riddle vs Drew McIntyre

Edwin

I believe this is the first time these two have faced each other on WWE TV and it was a good match. The WWE RAW TV match style has noticeably changed this year and I've honestly have been enjoying it. It seems more big bomb centered with actually heavyweights just coming in and ragdolling each other while throwing stiff strikes. This was worked excellently in that vein. They did a neat spot with Riddle kicking McIntyre on the HIAC welts on his back and McIntyre just splats him with a stiff lariat. I also feel McIntyre's punches don't get the credit they deserve. Sure he's not Lawler or Dundee when it comes to throwing hands but his punches look like they actually connect. Its also pretty impressive seeing McIntyre just manhandle Riddle and toss him around with wheelbarrow throws. He also hit a great looking deadlift suplex. The highlight spot for me was the backslide counter into the Future Shock DDT. I also thought McIntyre's selling of HIAC injuries was great as he would wince and clutch at his backs or ribs whenever Riddle got a throw or landed any big offense that hurt his back. The finish was on point with Riddle pulling a flash pin. Not on par with either ones matches against Sheamus but this was still a good match.