1. 1. Who's the best Von Erich

• Fritz
    • Kevin
    • Kerry
    • David
    • Waldo
    • Mike
    • Lacey

Kerry is a lock for my list. Huge fan. I'm glad we've sort of managed to put to bed the idea that he wasn't at least a good worker. I can accept someone saying Kerry isn't a top 100 all time worker, but I think the old line about him being bad and needing to be carried is crazy. (Obviously that changes towards the end of his career when he's a mess). 

Kevin is someone I'm going to think a lot about. He's a tentative no right now for a top 100 list, but he'd be on a top 100 favorites. I absolutely love him in tag & multi man matches. I plan on revisiting some singles matches as we go along. Huge fan of his ultra stiff uncooperative style. It really stands out for the era and fits in. 

I don't understand how people can possibly believe the cat story... c'mon - even a high-powered circular saw would take a second or two to bisect a feline, and that's at several thousand RPMs. Someone just throws a blade and it hits the cat, but the blade keeps spinning and moving forward at its original rate, through bone and out the other side? Yeah, nah...

Anyway, 1. Kerry 2. Fritz 3. Kevin 4. David

I voted for Kevin, he was my highest placed von Erich in 2016 because of how much I love his scrappy nature, but I'm glad to see some votes in for Fritz too. Everything I've seen of him suggests he was an excellent wrestler, love the Baba matches and even his retirement match with Bundy is a lot of fun. If he had more footage available, I suspect he'd do really well.

I agree with your assessment of Fritz. He's almost certainly the best and an all time great but I just need to see more. The Baba matches are must see matches that everyone should prioritize. They're so great I wouldn't really bat an eye at someone voting for Fritz and he's someone I'll think about at some point during this. Interesting to see David get a vote. I always thought he was pretty bad and I'll overlook just about anything as long as jumping knees are involved. 

• 1 year later...