Pro Wrestling Only

1988 Rookie List

kevinmcfl

Latest bunch. AWA late season tag team the Top Guns, Ricky Rice and Derrick Dukes, both showing active with matches in Cagematch.

This one is a bit fiddly. Long time northeastern ICW mainstay Eric Sbraccia. The Wikipedia article has him starting in 1984 and lists several title reigns in the 80s. Cagematch has nothing from him at all, Wrestlingdata has very little but does list one match in 1986. 

Rice and Dukes should definitely be in, since Rice was winning titles in 1987, and was teaming with Dukes by 1988.

Sbraccia is an interesting case as he technically did debut in 1984, but was only 14 years old. He wrestled his first match at 16 in 1986, so I guess technically he would turn 18 at some point in 1988, but I don't really see him leaving New England until he finishes high school.

1 minute ago, Blehschmidt said:

Rice and Dukes should definitely be in, since Rice was winning titles in 1987, and was teaming with Dukes by 1988.

Sbraccia is an interesting case as he technically did debut in 1984, but was only 14 years old. He wrestled his first match at 16 in 1986, so I guess technically he would turn 18 at some point in 1988, but I don't really see him leaving New England until he finishes high school.

I have him as turning 20 in 1988, with a birth date of September 24th , 1968.