Pro Wrestling Only

With the new fall TV season starting up....

Isaacduke

I was just looking at the new Entertainment Weekly's list of things to watch and was thinking that I will be taking up my both channels on my TIVO just about every night recording either new shows or new episodes of shows that I already know I like. That being the case, it looks like if I watch any wrestling it MIGHT be SMACKDOWN and that's about it.

Just wondering if anyone else had thought about this, and how bad do they think RAW ratings might be this year. Keep in mind Monday Night Football is also always a threat to them this time of year.

I like Cena a lot, but I do agree that now may be a good time to switch the title, not because Cena is doing horrible or anything, but just because they need to do something strong to lure people back in. It's time for some type of big angle involving the main event -- a big heel turn, a title change, something -- to lure people back in after a rough few months.

I think John Cena Sr. is the only actual angle they've done in main events in months. Most of the time lately, it's just random guy challenging with promo and a bunch of heatless staredowns.

The only wrestling show I watch on a regular basis at this point is ECW. I still record RAW and Smackdown on my DVR in case I hear or read about something I'd be interested in seeing, but more often than not, I simply delete them without watching.

I've been doing this for about a month or two now, and with even more viewing options available and taking space up on my DVR, my WWE-viewing should only decrease.

It's very odd to think that within the span of three months, I've gone from watching 2-3 wrestling shows a week religiously for years to not even caring if I miss any of them.

It's not that I dislike wrestling - I still love it and regularly go to local indy shows. I just hate most of the current options on TV. Like many of you, I've really been disgusted with WWE in the last few months and TNA has done an absolutely awful job of picking up fans disenchanted with WWE.

I really wish there was another alternative wrestling show on national TV right now.

There is an it's name is AAA. It's on Saturday's at whatever time Galavision decides to put it on.

I still watch all three shows but with starting my new job, I have no idea which ones I will miss. I pretty much stopped watching TNA.

Point very well taken about AAA, but I don't get Galavision on my cable system. I've seen bits and pieces of it at my parent's over the summer, and I really enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Unholy Dragon

Orton vs. Cena is about the most interesting feud in televised wrestling right now, imo.

Sadly, it's the kind of thing which would be a hundred times more over in the 80s than it is now.