Pro Wrestling Only

DDP Snakepit

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to sample it and tried the second episode. The topic was supposed to be about Jake going to WCW, but his memory was all over the place - mentioning negotiations with Bischoff, etc.

In terms of easy listening, it wasn't. The conversation was a rudderless mess. No flow. Everything went all over the place.

Conrad chimed in about three times to steer things back towards the subject, but they ultimately spent about 5 to 10 minutes talking about it.

It mostly covered Dallas going to the power plant, breaking into the business, etc. Really random. In short, there was no there there. Just seemed directionless. I tapped out by the time they started talking about that awful Heels TV show.

I may check out another episode if the title catches my eye, but I'm in no hurry.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd had enough of Conrad's shows a couple of years ago and have barely touched one since but I've listened to a couple of these and found them enjoyable. The Dusty episode was good and the one about Jake's start in the business as well, even if I've heard much of the story before. Certainly found them more engaging than the shows with Prichard, Bischoff, JR, etc.  

• 4 months later...

So this week’s episode is a Q&A and I had some time to kill, so I checked it out on YouTube.  It was okay, but I’m not loving Jon Alba as the cohost. There were a surprising number of audio issues and video lags, as well.

Poor old Jake has COPD so he’s on oxygen while doing the show, plus his voice is so shot from years of smoking (tobacco and other things I assume) that you can barely hear him when he talks. I had to turn the volume up to hear him, but then the volume level for Alba was way higher so that got annoying pretty damn quick.

Another highlight was when DDP decided to break out the Tupperware and have himself some lunch while he was recording the podcast. Apparently his schedule is so packed that he can’t wait an hour to record to the podcast without eating. Professionalism!

Most of the questions in these Conrad shows are pretty damn cringeworthy too. I did enjoy Jake saying that he loves doing Q&A shows, he wants to do more…but please don’t ask stupid questions like where his snake is now.

• 6 months later...