Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-10-14-WCW-Nitro] Lex Luger vs Greg Valentine

Superstar Sleeze

Lex Luger vs Greg Valentine - WCW Nitro 10/14/96

A surprising amount of wrestling kick off Nitro with Malenko/Armstrong, Duggan/Rotundo, and Hugh Morrus/Jim Powers, a surprising about of midcard talent too. I was working through all that but I picked my head up for Luger vs Valentine. This rocked! Two of my favorites and they crushed it. DiBiase & Vincent appeared in the crowd and I was pissed at first, they couldnt have interrupted Morrus/Powers, BUT thankfully they stayed in the crowd and let this match play out. Luger has injured ribs and Valentine was laser-focused. Luger back gives out on an early suplex and Valentine just rocks the back. Great old school Valentine heat segment. Kick ass. Luger's selling was so fucking good. Great faces and verbal selling. Liked the abridged comeback and the way Luger did it. Luger was selling his back so much you didnt think he would use the Torture Rack and Tony/Larry Z put that over so the Flying Burrito had extra heat with me. Then they did a quick feet on ropes pin for Valentine but as Valentine is arguing, Luger fights through the pain and RACKS HIM! Excellent facial expression! LOVED THIS! ***1/2