Pro Wrestling Only

[1984-03-02 EMLL] Tony Salazar vs Herodes (Hair vs Hair)

Mr JMML

Tony Salazar vs. Herodes 03-02-1984
Hair vs Hair 2/3 Falls

A great apuesta that was a part of the Lucha 80’s DVDVR, before the match started Miguel Linares interviewed Tony Salazar, he said that his rivalry with Herodes (by the way, it’s the perfect name for a heel) was something that’s beyond sports, he made it clear that the only way their feud could be settled would be an apuesta, if what Miguel Linares said is true it isn’t the first hair match these two have had against each other, in fact, this match is a rematch but we don’t have the first match or at least I don’t know where it is. The crowd loves Tony Salazar either that or they just hate Herodes’ guts, Herodes is Herod the Great in spanish, in the New Testament he’s the King of Judea and most importantly when it was announced that the King of the Jews ( Jesus) was born he took offense because he considered himself to be that so he ordered to kill the eldest son of every family in the area so he’s considered an antagonist in the Bible but archeological records suggest otherwise, the only thing you really have to know is that Herodes is a badass name for a wrestler, that’s the only thing that matters for today’s match. I personally think that this match is one of lucha’s greatest brawls, from the very beginning with Herodes chasing Salazar around the ring to the strange ending that I’ll try to explain when we get to it with Gran Davis ( the referee) being the main cause of confusion, when the match started Miguel Linares said that Herodes had the intention of finishing his opponent quickly ( spoiler: That didn’t happen). The first fall was surprisingly quick, Tony Salazar won without much trouble, the second fall was all Herodes, he took advantage of Tony’s injured wrist and won via Fujiwara armbar or at least its mexican version, now let’s address the finish, a ref bump happens and Herodes hit a low blow on Tony then he went for the pin and when it looked like Herodes had secured the victory Gran Davis declared a draw, maybe he wasn’t sure about what happened, I don’t know.

If you liked Sangre Chicana vs MS-1 you’ll like this one, a bloody brawl full of drama.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1984-03-02 EMLL] Tony Salazar vs Herodes (Hair vs Hair)