Pro Wrestling Only

Sting v Jeff Jarrett

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

You know for generally being regarded as a decent wrker, Sting sure has been part of some really bad matches. I might have to reconsidermy position on his actual wrestling abilities. The negatives in his career far outweigh the shine. The Vampiro jokes will reinforce that.

The negatives don't really outshine, but the negatives are certainly there. Sting was a victim of a company that had no idea what to do with him, but when he was put with a good worker, he usually did okay. I've never heard anyone argue him as great. It's the booking being criticized here actually, not the wrestling.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

The booking here would have been best suited to two wrestlers who weren't very good, and needed to have something to cover their weakness. Jarrett was more than capable, and Sting, at this point, could at least be carried to something decent, so why they chose these two workers to put in such a mess is a mystery.

No, Loss, I understand what you are saying , but most good workers, even in bad circumstances, can come up with something worthwhile. Sting always succumbs to the suck surounding him and he should be taken to task for that. The bad that Sting is involved in is usually worse than the nad others are a part of.

Eh, maybe it is just fanboys but Sting never seems to be taken to task the same way Lex Luger is. Maybe, because with the exception of Steamboat and Flair, Luger has never been able to go in singles. In tag matches, he usually did fine and was never too much of a detriment earlier in his career.

Guest Some Guy

Sting has the Vader matches and they tend to save him from a lot of critisism. Sting was only as good as his opponent was. He had some great matches with Vader, Foley, and some good ones with Flair. All of those guys were very good in the ring. He was servicable but not great by any strecth. I'm still not sure why he got so over. His gimmick was lame, his mic skills were corny and lame, and his ring work was spotty at best.