Pro Wrestling Only

Smoeater? Where you at?

Guest kig

So a while back I remember reading the saga of SMOEATER, who had worked the people on a message board (Wrestling Classics?) into believing that he was an old WWWF insider or some such. Another site had a pretty comprehensive timeline and commentary on the whole charade. Anyone know where I could find it?

Guest Lone Rogue

So a while back I remember reading the saga of SMOEATER, who had worked the people on a message board (Wrestling Classics?) into believing that he was an old WWWF insider or some such. Another site had a pretty comprehensive timeline and commentary on the whole charade. Anyone know where I could find it?

That was an amazing time. WC got worked so hard they tried to delete any history of it from ever happening. I once heard they were about to give him his own sub-forum, but that might have been just a prediction from how much the top guys there fawned over his insight.

Guest Portalesman

It was Kayfabe Memories that the entire thing happened on. Not Wrestling Classics.

Smokey currently posts on George Steeles Animal House forum as Jersey Fan and he's still "workin the internet marks" to the point that the meltdowns are quite entertaining.

It was Kayfabe Memories that the entire thing happened on. Not Wrestling Classics.

Exactly. Yohe on Classics through he was full of shit early on. Others on Classics, who also posted a good deal on KM, thought the stories had credibility.

The whole thing was largely funny for two things:

* the folks getting worked

* Smoke thinking it was a bigger deal than it was, which is probably the case

I think people who had been around longer than he had been knew that working Wrestling Fans on the Internet wasn't that big of a deal. They'd seen stuff like the Scott Steiner dying story, or Heyman working Scherer and Ryder in knots.

Smoke's "win" was a bit like the UK kicking Argentina's ass in a "war".

John

Guest Portalesman

John

Smokes win was like rating a steak whilst watchin Jap rasslin with internet friends, to say the least.

You can say that CZW guys like Nick Mondo did some really, really stupid stuff, but there is something even more delusional, it is called "winning at the internet". Nobody ever asked for it and nobody will ever say that it has a useful purpose or in fact any sense at all.

John

Smokes win was like rating a steak whilst watchin Jap rasslin with internet friends, to say the least.

Who rated a steak while watching "Jap rasslin" with internet friends?

John

Guest Lone Rogue

You can say that CZW guys like Nick Mondo did some really, really stupid stuff, but there is something even more delusional, it is called "winning at the internet". Nobody ever asked for it and nobody will ever say that it has a useful purpose or in fact any sense at all.

Really? Injuring yourself in stupid hardcore death matches and likely living in pain for the rest of your life is less delusional than simply thinking you won an argument online?

Really?

Come on, really?

Really? Injuring yourself in stupid hardcore death matches and likely living in pain for the rest of your life is less delusional than simply thinking you won an argument online?

Really?

Come on, really?

Yeah, I have to agree that deciding to get thrown off the roof of a bar is worse.