Pro Wrestling Only

So.......The WWE Draft

S.L.L.

Travis Beaven who i think was working on a project with WWF at the time would mention it regularly. I'm pretty sure other folks referenced it as well. It jibes with what I know of comedy writers (unfortunately know several writers for Scrubs, Real Time, Futurama etc--don't remembere what folks were doing in the late nineties), and the way they riff is distinct from the way comedians or other folks riff. So no reason to question it when Cole's background mentioned.

Travis wasn't completely insane. He was a guy who if you got into an argument with, he'd refuse facts and just make up facts to prove his own point. Jdw can probably say more. All of toa was filled with last word marks (again I think jdw will admit to his own guilt there) and some of those would get really nutty in their pursuit of last word.

Guest onlxn

I can't speak to this Travis guy's credibility, but I'm pretty sure Cole was never a comedy writer, and certainly not for "The Simpsons" (I know a couple guys over there). His style of riffing has never struck me as that of any room I've ever been in... he seems like what he most likely is, just a fairly funny guy with a journalism background.

Guest Lone Rogue

Didn't it turn out that Travis was completely insane and lied about everything?

Being a member of the fWo, his internet wrestling fed that lasted for quite a while, we got to hear a lot of things. It was tough not to believe him since he did have some credibility (The fWo website once appeared in a Windows XP commercial) and a lot of things he claimed were believable (That the Microsoft X-Box controller, the original clunky fuck one, was designed in a 10 minute meeting). However, there were other stuff I remember him telling me that was just off the wall (Nintendo, after all the money they made on the Pokemon craze, were close to going out of business in 2002 and were begging Sony or Microsoft to buy them) and I just didn't believe it. That's just on the computer side of things, and its true he worked for Microsoft (now works for a Cell phone company of some type).

I don't know how true Travis was when it came to him talking about the WWF, and he used to talk about it a lot, but I'm betting theres some truth to the things he talked about. If not, there were some entertaining fables.

Travis wasn't completely insane. He was a guy who if you got into an argument with, he'd refuse facts and just make up facts to prove his own point. Jdw can probably say more. All of toa was filled with last word marks (again I think jdw will admit to his own guilt there) and some of those would get really nutty in their pursuit of last word.

Ain't that the fucking truth. However, it made for a great place to read. Still is, just nowhere near it used to be.

Guest DietSoda

The hot talk is that Deuce will reveal that he is officially Jimmy Snuka's son and will be Ted DiBiase Jr.'s partner on Sunday.

Where did you hear this?